Saturday, February 24, 2007

Partying with the Powells - Uncle Pat

On Monday, Sam and I flew down to Los Angeles to spend time with my folks and brother, John and sister-in-law, Johanna. We were fortunate to have had John & Jo visit us in September and my parents visit in October. But then since we weren't going to be together for Thanksgiving or Christmas, we planned to take advantage of our school district's second winter break and meet in LA for a Powell family get together.

When they picked us up from the airport, I was pleasantly surprised to find my Uncle Patrick with my mom and dad. They had flown out to California early and driven down to visit him and his family in San Diego and Tijuana. Pat had some paid time off to use so he decided to ride back with my folks to say hello.

It was wonderful to see him. Sam taught him how to play go fish. Pat gave Sam a peso of every denomination and we shared dinner. However, I didn't get many pictures. I wanted to supplement this one with some wonderful ones my cousin Alan recently posted on the Powell family website. I love my Uncle's expression in this one of him with my Aunt Alice.

He still has the mischievous smile he was wearing, while cleaning off his plate, in this one.

My Aunt Maria seems to have ambushed him with a hug here.





They look stylish on some Christmas past lounging with my Aunt Cathy, Ariel's mom. I love them all.

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to come to LA to spend the evening with us Uncle Pat. It was great to see you.

No comments: