Friday, December 15, 2006

Can't wait to go back to Golden Gate Park

On our way to Cliff House and the Sutro Baths, Ariel and I drove through Golden Gate Park. Before last Sunday, I'd only even driven along the edge of the park. The last time we passed, Cam said he wanted to come back and explore the park. I sort of wondered "Why bother?" with all of the amazing nature outside of the city. But I said, "Yeah. Sure. Let's." While I meant it, I wasn't incredibly excited about crossing the bridge and dealing with traffic to get to a park.








I didn't know what I was talking about. The park was magnificent. We especially enjoyed the way the light shown through the trees. It reminded be a bit of Forest Park or even Tower Grove Park in St. Louis. We have lived next to and loved some glorious big city parks like those and Lincoln Park in Chicago. I can't wait to get back and experience this one.

Thanks for taking me through, Ariel.

No comments: