Monday, December 04, 2006

Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Els

It's Christmas in Holland. My mother-in-law is Dutch.

Els came to the states when she was 25.

She stayed 25 years then returned home to Holland to marry a new love when Cam was a senior in high school.

As a child, Cam celebrated the Dutch Christmas.

Sam and I are still learning about the customs. (Click here for corrections.)

St. Nicolas' Eve and St. Nicholas' Day are celebrated on December 5 and 6. We have put carrots in our wooden shoes. If we have been good, maybe Sinterklaas will leave small gifts or Christmas candy for us.

I wish we were in Holland to celebrate with Els in her home. We could share a warm drink and tasty treat. I know she has been decorating the house with pine cones, greenery, red berries and I'm sure she's been burning candles.






Els has such a calming spirit.

She is nurturing, kind, supportive, interested and understanding. It would be lovely to just sit and talk with her and her husband, Fritz. I wish healing and happiness for both of them in the coming year.

Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Els.

You are loved.

Note: Corrections to this post can be found here.

No comments: