Tuesday, October 17, 2006

How Tall This Fall?

Have I mentioned that Sam and I like going to the pumpkin patch? I guess we took a couple of years off while we were living in Chicago and missed a couple of years when we moved to St. Louis and back, but when we were living in Iowa, it was somewhat of a tradition.


Last Saturday, I spoke with my friend Tracey. She and her kids, Jessie and Matthew went with us to the pumpkin patch in Iowa a couple of times. When I told her that we were planning to go to one here that evening, she said Matthew had just mentioned that they should go to the pumpkin patch. Then he said he couldn't go to the pumpkin patch without Sam and that maybe he was outgrowing it anyway.

Cameron wrote about our trip to the Petaluma Pumpkin Patch. We agreed with Matthew to an extent and didn't want to go during the day with all of the little kids. We went after dark for their Haunted Corn Maze.

It was impressive. Shortly after entering, without a map, we were completely lost. We wandered and wandered and wandered and finally were happy to find our way back out the entrance. I sort of want to go back, pay the dollar for the map and make it through just so I don't feel beaten.

Aside from the maze, the pumpkin patch was nice but it made me want to look back at pictures of the trips we would make to Carroll's Pumpkin Farm in Grinnell, Iowa. I wanted to share some of those memories with you. This sign was important to me.

In 1999, Sam was 2 years old.








We moved to St. Louis in September when Sam was three and back the following fall. Guess we missed 2000 and 2001.

In 2002, Sam was 5 years old.







It looks like it was a bit warmer the next year, when Sam was six.

We were in Chicago for Halloween in 2004 and 2005.







Now
here
we
are
in
2006.

No comments: