Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sam's Arrows - Rodeo Beach

Earlier this month, I spent a big chunk of my Sunday, trying to build a relationship with the seven-year-old little boy I'm the CASA for.

We had fun when I realized he liked Mustang 360s and the very nice man at the car dealership let him sit in one and honk the horn. I let him run the windshield wipers on my car and we went through the automatic car wash which we both found fascinating.

But, at one point, he also hid from me. He asked questions such as, "Why are you looking at me like that?" And towards the end of our visit, he acknowledged that every-other week was more than he wanted to see me.

When I got home I was feeling a bit discouraged. Cam came up with a wonderful remedy. Rodeo beach.

I enjoyed de-
com-
pressing on a blanket while Cam and Sam played catch. Sam brought his bow and arrows to the beach. (Thanks Charlie). Cam made art by stacking rocks. Sam and I had a sand fight. (Throwing the sand near one another w/o being hit by any rocks was fun.)

But snuggling is always the best part.

Check out this Flickr set for more photos of our afternoon at Rodeo Beach.







No comments: