Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"There's something good, waiting down this road..."

I was honored when my Uncle Patrick called and said he wanted to come to the Bay Area for a visit. Because he has work very hard for decades, Pat was recently offered the chance to stop working and still receive good pay.

In the future, he may embark on a second career. In the meantime, he is in a loving relationship and plans to use his free time to visit family. I'm so glad he went out of his way to come spend time with us.

On his last evening here, we enjoyed listening to music while visiting. Patrick introduced us to Paulina Rubio, one of his favorite artists. We discovered our mutual appreciation for James Taylor (who my Uncle Jerry introduced me to) and John Denver. We also had fun singing along with Tom Petty in the car.

I learned my uncle is a romantic dreamer, like me. Maybe it's in the genes?

Best of luck, Patrick while you are, "Running Down a Dream."

No comments: