Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

When we'd seen my folks and my brother in February, we talked about getting together next during the summer.

Then, one time when I talked with my mom in March, she said she didn't want to wait until summer to see us again.

She invited us to come visit her in Arkansas over our Spring Break.

I wanted to but we were not ready to travel again after being gone over Christmas break and in February.

My Uncle Patrick had said he might come to visit us over Spring Break but since I wasn't sure if he was coming or not, I told my mom she was welcome to come here if she wanted to.

The next thing I knew, my dad was calling issuing warnings, "Look out, here she comes." He had obligations at home but went ahead and bought a ticket for my mom to come out for a few days.

We had lots of fun during her visit.

We
really appreciated her doing the traveling so we could relax and rest at the beginning and the end of our break.

I will write about our time with her later.

These pictures are from her last morning here. We walked through the Richardson Bay Audubon Center near our home.

Thanks mom for all you do and all you have done.

Today, I am especially appreciative of you allowing us to have messy pets, cleaning up after them, vacuuming and fighting fleas.





As you know, I sat with a sick child, next to a toilet, last night. Thank you for cleaning up after us when we were sick and buying ice cream for us at the drug store after our doctor's appointments. Thanks for letting us stay home when we didn't feel well and taking care of us until we were better.

And thanks to all of the moms who are loving influences in my life.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: