Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What we told their parents

After much deliberation, I have decided to resign from my position as an instructional aide at Bel Aire School. My last day in that role will be next Friday, January 26th.

Recently, I earned my substitute teaching credentials. My idea is that if I leave the part-time aide position, I should be able to work full-time as a substitute teacher for the district. The additional money I could make would allow me to stay home with my nine-year-old son, Sam this summer.

Hopefully, I will still be at Bel Aire on a regular basis, just in a different role. I have already been asked to work at as a substitute teacher here in February and have dates at other schools as well.

Thank you all so much for the friendship and kindness you have shown me. The Bel Aire community has been very welcoming. I'd love to stay in touch outside of school.

1 comment:

Eric Maddux said...

Happy to hear you landed the substitute teaching gig.