Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rain.

Something strange happened here last night. Something I don't remember seeing since we arrived in California.

In the middle of the night, I was awake and saw lightning. Then, I heard thunder. Then it happened again.

Lightning. Thunder. Then, rain. (photo credit)

Not a lot of rain but considering we haven't had any in eight months or so, it was remarkable.

For a minute, I considered getting out of bed and going out to dance around in it. I considered waking the boy.

Then, I remembered that the rainy season is approaching and we may have more than enough rain soon.

The dark early season is here. My husband is asleep on the couch and it isn't even 9pm.

Usually, it is me. Last night, it was. Soon, I won't be able to stay awake past 7:30pm because it will be dark at 5:30pm.

"Rain. Feel it on my fingertips, hear it on the window pane... Wash away my sorrow. Take away my pain... Rain."

No comments: