Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It has been a happy Mother's Day weekend.

Yesterday, Cam, Sam and I thoroughly enjoyed being part of Pangea Day and exploring the city. I like Cam's idea of celebrating Mother's Day Eve. Bearded Papa's pop-overs are all that. Next time, Liz.

This morning, I was proud of my CASA kid for being able to buy the thing we've been saving for for almost three months. He paid for about half of it with his own money.

Then, when I came home, I was touched by the beautiful gift Sam made for me (see right) as well as the newly vacuumed floors, clean laundry, homemade chili, cornbread muffins and fresh berries.

Thanks, Guys. You're the best.

After-
wards, we got some exercise and fresh air by hiking to Tennessee Valley Beach. On the way, we enjoyed bird calls, wild flowers and made clover bracelets. Then, per his request, we took Sam to get a buzz cut and shared dinner outdoors. Cam and I had fish tacos with assorted salsas while Sam had Quiche Lorianne.

And Hilary Clinton seems to finally be losing.
Who could ask for more?
I hope your Mother's Day has been happy too.

No comments: