Saturday, August 23, 2008

"When you get to the top of the mountain, remember me."

While all the buzz, this morning, is about Barack Obama selecting Joe Biden to be his running mate, (Cam thinks this is a solid choice and since he's the one who first told me about Barack, that's enough for now.) what I want to talk about is a group I just joined called Rural Americans for Barack Obama.

Obama is reaching out to Rural America. I appreciate him coming up with a plan to bring hope to those of us from there. I'd rather be hopeful than bitter.

In Dave Stewart's, "This is My American Prayer," Forest Whitaker, Cyndi Lauper, Macy Gray and others sing "When you get to the top of the mountain, remember me."

If you want to show those in Rural America you remember them, join Rural Americans for Obama.

No comments: