Saturday, September 16, 2006

I forgot one.

Awhile ago, I wrote about an evening I spent volunteering at a women's shelter. In that posting, I mentioned several books I had read and passed along to the shelter. Recently, when Cam was talking about enjoying California Girl, a novel he was reading set with historical references, I remembered another book I think I gave away that night. That I gave it away isn't incredibly noteworthy but the book is so I wanted to give it a mention.

It is The Way the Crow Flies by Anne Marie MacDonald. Apparently, her first book, Fall on Your Knees was part of Oprah's Book Club. I didn't know that when I picked up this book. I was mostly drawn in by the cover image. This book is told mostly from the perspectives of an 8-year-old girl and her father. It is set in the 1960s so the Space Race and Cuban Missile Crisis provide the backdrop. But what was so captivating for me was what was happening with the family. I don't want to give much away. I just wanted to say I liked the book and remember not being able to put it down.

No comments: