Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Bone Marrow Transplant?

So, the Stanford guy seems to have said I will probably need a bone marrow transplant.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea.  It still seems pretty unreal & I guess it is unreal still, as they don't even have the report from my last bone marrow biopsy, yet.

He says my brother has a 1 in 4 chance of being a match & that they can collect bone marrow in a relatively pain-free way, similar to how they collect blood, these days.

He says a transplant could be curative.  Or, it could kill me.  Or, it could give me a condition that would negatively impact my quality of life forever.  Not completely on board with the idea of letting them do more horribly invasive stuff just yet, especially because I basically feel fine now.

No comments: