Monday, September 28, 2009

New Horizons

Dear Colleagues & Friends,

It is with mixed emotions that I inform you, today will be my last day as a case supervisor at San Francisco CASA. Due to financial reasons, there have been staff cuts and my position has been eliminated. I have told some of you directly but I understand some of you are hearing the news from others. I wanted to make sure you heard from me.

Having had the opportunity to advocate for our kids these past two years has been a real gift. It has also been incredibly challenging. My twelve-year-old son is happy about the possibility that I might be around for him a bit more in the coming weeks and months. While I will still be active on the cases of two youth for whom I am a CASA volunteer, I’m not yet sure what my next professional endeavor will be. I’m going to take a little time to rest, regroup and think about where I want to invest my time, energy & passion in the future. If you have ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thank you for the work you do on behalf of our kids.

Back before I started working at SF CASA, I wrote about something a guy named Dean Kamen says, "Work on the big problems--the problems that matter. Most of the time you will fail, but you will also occasionally succeed." Thanks for the successes.

Hopefully, I will be able to stay in touch with some of the amazing people I have collaborated with during my time at CASA. If you would like to reach me after today, I would be honored.

Warm Regards,

Mary

(Maybe I will start blogging again.)

From: Tue 9/15/2009 3:16 PM

Photo Credit: John Stacy Denham

No comments: