Sunday, June 22, 2008

Camera Envy - Yosemite Pics from Liz's Camera

Jim and Liz gave us our first digital camera. It was rev-
olutionary for its time.

Since then, we've gone through three cameras and are currently I'm using a nice hand-me-down from my dad.

As much as we have app-
reciated each of these cameras, the first digital camera I've used that came close to rivaling the love I felt for the non-digital SLR that died on me, about the time we moved to Chicago, was the camera Liz had with her at Yosemite, a Nikon D40. It captures expressions.

Cam and I have posted the photos we took with our camera. Here is a Flickr set of photos that were taken with Liz's camera during their trip to northern California. She is the only one who had a shot of all of us by the Grizzly Giant, one of the Giant Sequoias.

The last shot in the set, this one of Jim and Liz on the Footbridge to Pt. Bonita Light-
house, was taken w/our camera.

It was the only photo Cam had from this day of exploring in Marin. After days of amazing experiences, the adults were camera worn.

We didn't get any photos from our dinner at the Thai place near the Hyatt or of the views from the Hyatt or of our brunch at Cliff House.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things that we don't have photos of already which is one reason having photos is so important to me.

Thanks for taking these, Liz and for letting us try out your camera.

We greatly enjoyed our time with you and Jim. Thanks for coming to visit.

No comments: