Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tsotsi

Cam wrote a touching posting about how he was affected by a movie we watched recently. Last night, after dinner at Joe's Taco Lounge, we watched Tsotsi.

Like Cam said, this movie wasn't on our radar. I'd never heard of it but it was given lots of accolades and Cam does more research on movies than I do so I figured if he thought it would be good that it probably would be.

The premise, youngish, innocent-looking guy ends up stealing a car with an unexpected passenger in the back seat, had potential to be good or bad. We gave it a shot and were blown away.

I was captivated by the plot and moved by the incredible acting. My favorite performances were by the main male character, Presley Chweneyagae; Terry Pheto, who plays a young mother in the film and Rapulana Seiphemo who plays John Dube. All of them were extraodinary.

Check it out, if you are interested, and let me know what you think.

No comments: