Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Requests for Lyle Lovett

Tonight, Cam's taking me to see Lyle Lovett. I'm compiling a wish list of songs I'd love to hear him play & thought I'd share my requests with you.


If I had a Boat - "If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. If I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat. And we could all together, go out on the ocean. Me upon my pony on my boat."


Bears - "So, meet a bear & take him on out to lunch w/you, even though your friends may stop & stare... It just don't come not better than a bear."


LA County - "And the lights of LA County, looked like diamonds in the sky."


Fiona Live (Clip) - "Way down yonder, on the bayou, there lives a little girl-o..." "Ehhhh! "Oh you better not cross her. You try to boss her. Then, you better duck mister. Here come a cup & saucer." "Eh-ee-ehh!"


She's Already Made Up Her Mind - "She said something about going home. She said something about needing to spend some time alone. And she wondered out loud what it was she had to find. But she'd already made up her mind."

"There is nothing so deep as the ocean. And there is nothing so high as the sky. And there's nothing unwavering as a woman when she's already made up her mind."

La to the Left - "My mother was good to me. How in else could she be?"

Old Friend - "Put your head down on my pillow & put your hand on me & hold on. Hold on."

Flyswatter/Ice Water - "With you here to guide me, I cannot fail."

Just the Morning - "There's nothing here to be afraid of, it's just the morning."

Private Conversation (Clip) - "That man she left behind her was 2000 miles away..." "Ehhhh!"

Smile - "Smile, though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it's breaking. When there are clouds in the sky. You'll get by."

North Dakota - "If you love me, say, 'I love you.'" "If you love me, take my hand."

I love many of his other songs too but these are some of my favorites. Maybe, after tonight, I"ll have some new favorites.

No comments: